- 1oz Captain Bligh XO
- 1oz Hampden Estate Gold
- .5 Salted Pecan Rye Whiskey Syrup*
- 1/4 pipette Brooklyn Hemispherical Meyer Lemon Bitters (or 2 dashes from a dasher bottle)
- garnish: Cracked nutmeg and sliced sugar cane stirrer.
- Add all ingredients into a mixing glass and stir.
- Served on the rocks.
- Garnished with cracked or shaved fresh nutmeg on top of glass and sliced (to ~4 inches) sugar cane stirrer.
*Salted Pecan Rye Whiskey Syrup prep and steps (makes 1.25 liters):
- Pre-heat over to 270 degrees fahrenheit
- Make 2 cups chopped pecans
- In a small bowl add 1 heaping spoonful of unsalted butter and .5 teaspoon crushed maldon salt (or white cooking salt). Place in the microwave will melted at ~1min.
- In a pot combine chopped pecans and melted butter/salt mix. Stir vigorously till completely mixed.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes.
- Add 1 liter Rye whiskey (I used Old Overholt) and salted pecans to stove pot.
- Bring rye and pecans to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add equal parts white sugar (1.05 quarts) to Rye whiskey.
- Stir till sugar dissolves.
- Let cool for ~45min with all ingredients included.
- Re-Stir and strain.
- READY TO GO & MIX UP!!!