Rum ‘n’ Raisin Old Fashioned
- 60ml Raisin Infused Doorly’s XO*
- 2 Dashes of Chocolate Bitters
- 5ml sugar syrup
- Large Cube of Ice
* Decant 275ml of Doorlys XO into a sealable airtight jar, add 50g of Raisins. Leave to infuse for 24 hours. Double strain through a muslin and coffee filter paper into a sterilised bottle*
- Infuse the Rum at home.
- Drop a 2 inch square ice cube into a rocks glass. Add 2 dashes of chocolate bitters, 5ml of sugar syrup and stir with a bar spoon. Add 60ml of the Raisin Infused Doorlys XO, 30ml at a time being sure to stir thoroughly to chill and dilute the spirit.
- Serve with a square of dark chocolate (85%+).
- Very simple serve but the sherry finish of the Doorly’s XO really allows the raisin infusion to shine through without losing the essence of what makes the Rum so good in the first place. The bitters adds a really earthy balance to the drink.