skip to Main Content
Back To Top
- 2 bar spoons of cane sugar
- 5 dashes of Angostura bitters
- 5 dashes of Angostura orange bitters
- 1/2 ounce of cold water (use bottled water)
- 2 1/2 oz of Angostura 1919 Premium Rum
- Slice of ataulfo mango partialy cut in squares on the flesh side
- Lime quarter or twist_
- In a mixing glass, put the sugar and soak with the dashes of both Angostura bitters.
- Add the cold water and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Add ice cubes and the rum
- Stir 15-20 barspoon rotations
- Strain using a julep strainer into a rocks glass containing one big ball or cube of ice.
- Garnish with the lime quarter or twist and the mango slice on a pick.
- Like any Old fashioned type drink, you can also do it directly in the rocks glass by adding ice and the rum gradually. (method used on the photo)