Kweyol (“Creole” in St. Lucia)
- 2 oz St Lucian rum (either Admiral Rodney or Chairman’s Reserve).
- 2 oz guava nectar. Juice of 1 lime.
- 4 dashes of Angostura bitters.
- Dash of tamarind nectar.
- Demerara sugar.
- Add all ingredients except the demerara sugar to a boston shaker; add ice and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass or over rocks in a collins glass.
- Garnish with demerara sugar dusted over a flame held above the glass to toast the sugar as it falls upon the cocktail.